1. Muscle Clean + Tall Jerk (3+3) x 3 sets. LIGHT
*On the muscle cleans, go slow from the floor to establish good balance through your positions.
2. 3 POS Cleans (hang, below knee, floor): 3 working sets. Work up to a medium load and hit for all 3 sets.
3. Behind the Neck Jerk + Jerk: (2+1) x 3 working sets. Don’t start counting sets until about 70-75%. Work up in weight through the 3 sets.
4. Clean Deadlifts: 5×3. Build to a challenging set of 3, but I don’t want any pooping dog backs!
5. 3 sets:
Weighted Sit ups x 15
Face Down Chinese Planks x 45-60 sec hold
Welcome to our next cycle where we will go back to no percentages! In the last cycle, I felt a lot of you were getting caught up in the numbers and worrying if you weren’t able to hit the prescribed loads. Percentages are guidelines and should be based off of feel, not numbers. I will give you some guidance, but let’s use this cycle as a chance to tune into our bodies and pick weights according to how recovered we feel, how fast the bar is moving, how efficient our technique is and where we’re at mentally on that specific day. The more you can listen to your body and be SMART about what your body needs, the better athlete you’ll be and the longer you’ll stay injury free!
1. High Hang Strict Muscle Snatch+ OHS+ Zotts Press ( 3+3+3) x 3. Pick a light weight and take small jumps from there through the 3 sets. The strict muscle snatches should be done with no leg drive. We’re working on a perfect bar path (bar close, elbows high and outside) and strengthening our muscles in that movement. The OHS needs to be slow and controlled and the zotts press controlled and strong overhead. Do not rush through this warm up!
2. Snatch Push Press: 5×5
3. Barski Snatches (A fancy way of saying 3 snatches from high hang with no straps): 5×3. Warm up to about 55-60% and then begin counting your sets. Move up in weight each set IF your movement feels fast. Focus here is on leg drive!
4. Pause Front Squat: 5×5 Pause for 2 seconds in the bottom. Warm up before you begin counting sets.
5. 3 sets:
Hollow Hold x 30sec
Side Plank lifts x 10 each side.
REST and congrats on finishing this cycle!!
1. Snatch: Work up to 75-85% depending on feel.
2. Clean and jerk: Work up to 75-85% depending on feel.
3. Front Squat: 3 singles at best clean weight.
4. 3 Sets of back and abs of choice
1. Power Snatch: 3,3,2,2,1,1,1
2. Power Clean+ Jerk (2+2) x 3, (1+1) x 2.
3. Snatch Pull: 5×1 @ 100% of best snatch
4. Three Sets of:
Weighted sit upsx 20
Russian Twists x 30 reps
DB Flies x 10
1. Snatch PP +OHS +Snatch Drop: (3+3+3) x 3
2. Power Snatch + Snatch: (1+1) x 5.
3. Front Squat: Work up to a heavy single in 5 sets
4. 3 Sets:
Dead Bug Holds x 45 Sec.
Good Mornings x 10
500 m row
1. Split Jerk: 3,2,2,1,1,1.
2. Power Clean +Push Jerk: 3,2,2,1,1,1.
3. Clean Pulls: 5×1 @ 100% of best clean
4. 3 Sets:
Pull Ups x 10
Cossack Squats x 16 total
Sand Bag Bear Hug Carry x 200m
*This week is all about going how you feel! This is your week to back off if you’re feeling tired. If you’re feeling ok, take the singles a little heavier. But the goal this week is recovery!
1. Snatch Balance: 3,2,2,2,1,1,1
2. Power Snatch:3,3,2,2,1,1,1
3. Back Squat: Work up to a heavy single in 5 sets
4. 3 sets:
Back Extensions x 10
KB Side Bends x 20 each side