Snatch: Work up to a heavy single for the day
Clean and jerk: Work up to a heavy single for the day
Front Squat: Work up to a heavy single for the
Snatch Push Press+ Pause OHS: (3+3) x 5
Power Snatch: 3,3,3,2,2,2,1,1,1
Power Clean and Push jerk: 3,2,2,1,1,1,1
Deficit Clean Deadlift: 5×3
1. 4 sets:
Weighted hanging box squats: x10
Barbell Curls x 10-15
2. 3 sets:
Incline DB Bench x10 @ 3121
DB Chinese Row x6-8 @ 3113
Strict Toes To bar x 5-10 @ 3111
3. Row or Air Assault Sprint: 5 x :30 on, :90 rest
Front Squat: 5,4,3,2,1
Clean and jerk: 3,2,2,2,2,1,1
Clean Pull: 5×5
I’m calling this cycle Keep It Simple, Sally. We’ll be doing the snatch and clean and jerk in their most basic form often.. paired with the skill transfer exercises I find MOST useful. We will also be doing one day of pure accessory, strength work. Have fun! This will be an eight week cycle.
Snatch Balance: 3,3,3,2,2,2
Muscle Snatch: 4×3
High Hang Snatch: 3,3,3,2,2
Back Squat: 7×3
* Sometimes the decrease in volume during deload weeks can leave your body feeling really good, if that’s the case, you may work up in weight on these heavy singles. BUT if your body is taking full advantage of the recovery period and doesn’t feel amazing, stay as light as you need to and give it the rest that it deserves!
1. Snatch: Work up to 70-80% and hit for 3 singles.
2. Clean and jerk: Work up to 70-80% and hit for 2 singles.
3. Front Squat: Work up to a heavy single for the day in 5 sets or less
4. Back and Abs of choice
1. Pause Snatch Balance: 4×3. Stay lighter on these and work speed and perfect bottom position.
2. Close Grip Snatches (slightly wider than clean grip): 4×3. Stay light and work on feeling the aggressive pull under.
3. Box Squats: 3×3,3×2,3×1
4. Snatch Pull: 3×3
5. 3 sets:
Hollow Hold or Tuck Hold: 3×45 sec
Barbell Russian Steps ups x 7 each leg. Keep these light and explosive.
Supinated Grip Strict Pull Ups x 5-10