1. Muscle Snatch+ Snatch Strict Press+ OHS+Snatch Balance w/out a dip+Zotts Press: (3+3+3+3+3) x 3 *stay light and use this as a warm up. On the muscle snatch, focus on the PULL AND PUNCH turnover. Do not swing the bar around the face.
2. Pause Snatch Balance: 5×2. Work up to a medium load. Do not begin counting sets until 60-65%. Pause for 3 seconds in the receive and make sure to stay SUPER active in the bottom.
3. High Hang Snatch+ Low Hang Snatch (right above knee): 3x (2+1), 3x (1+1). Work up in weight throughout the course of the 6 sets. *Be careful not to sit too far back on the heels when snatching from the low hang.
4. Tempo Back Squats: 5×3. 3 second descent, 2 second pause in the bottom. Work up in weight throughout the 5 sets, but do not go so heavy that you cannot maintain the tempo.
5. 3 sets:
5-10 strict pull ups
25 HEAVY russian kettle bell swings (unbroken)
30 ab mat sit ups
*this is not for time… the focus is on quality of movement
I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED OUR FIRST WEEK TOGETHER! REST UP AND RECOVER AND GET READY FOR ANOTHER GREAT WEEK OF TRAINING!
1. Snatch: Work up to a heavy single for the day.
2. Clean and jerk: Work up to a heavy single for the day.
3. Front Squat: Work up to a heavy single for the day.
Pull ups and/or chin ups: max reps in 45 sec (strict)
Push ups: max reps in 45 sec.
Bent over Barbell Rows: max reps in 45 sec. Light weight.
*Heavy single for the day does not necessarily mean that you will hit a one rep max! Learn how to become a self sufficient athlete who is in tune with his/her body! If you feel great, put some weight on the bar and lift heavy! If your body is feeling tired from life or the past week of training, BE SMART and keep the weight light and work consistency through your sets. As my dad always says, “If the kettle’s hot, do the cooking!”.
TECHNIQUE DAY! These are the days to keep the weights light and focus on perfect mechanics combined with lots of speed and snappiness.
1. Pause Tempo Snatch: 3×3
*Pause 1″ off the floor, below the knee, above the knee, mid thigh, “power position” for 2 seconds at each position focusing on balance through the whole foot and staying centered over the bar. LIGHT load.
2. Tempo Snatch: 3×2
Take 10 seconds to pull off the floor until you go to jump. HIT YOUR POSITIONS AND STAY BALANCED THROUGH YOUR FEET! Light load.
3. Snatch: 5×1
Now’s the time to practice those perfect positions off the floor and the timing of when to jump. Light Load.
4. Tempo Clean + Push Press+ Push Jerk + Jerk: (1+1+1+1) x 5 sets. Light.
Take 10 seconds to pull off the floor until you go to jump in the clean. One the push press +push jerk+ jerk portion, try and make the dip and drive feel the same on all three movements (straight up and down).
1. Power Snatch: 3×3. Same Weight all 3 sets. 2×2. Same weight for 2 sets. 3×1. Same weight for 3 singles. Move up in weight as the reps decrease. I am not concerned about heavy load. I want speed and timing to be the priority!
2. Power Clean+Push Jerk: (1+1) x 5 sets. Pick a medium, light weight and hit for all 5 sets. Speed, Speed, Speed!
3. Front Squat: 5×5. You get to choose between moving up in weight throughout the 5 sets (do not begin counting sets until at least 65%), or picking one weight and hitting for all 5 sets.
4. Weighted Planks: 3×60 seconds. If you can’t hold for the full minute, that’s ok! Just accumulate a total of 3 minutes.
1. Pause Clean Deadlift+Muscle Clean+Strict Press+Close Grip OHS (2+2+2+2)x 3-4 sets.
*this is a warm up meant for just the barbell or really light weight. On the pause clean deadlift, pause 1” off the floor, below the knee, above the knee, mid thigh. Focus on your weight staying FULL FOOTED!
2. 3 POS Clean (high hang, below knee, floor): 5 sets. Move up in weight each set.
3. Strict Press: 5×5. Work up to a challenging set of 5.
4. Clean Pulls: 3×5. Pick a medium, heavy weight and hit for all three sets.
5. Hollow Body Holds: 3×60 seconds. If you can’t hold for the full minute, that’s ok! Just accumulate a total of 3 minutes.
Hello CrossFit Weightlifting Family! Sage Burgener here! I’m excited to begin programming for our site! I can die happy now that my dad loves me enough to trust my programming! #IveMadeit
If you have ANY questions, don’t hesitate to post to comments and I will answer them as quickly and as thoroughly as possible!
-With love and excitement,
1. Snatch Strict Press+ OHS+Snatch Balance w/out a dip+Zotts Press: (3+3+3+3) x 3 *stay light (even just a barbell is fine!) and use this as a warm up.
2. Snatch Balance: 3×3. Work up to a medium, light load and hit the same weight for 3 sets of 3 reps.
3. High Hang Snatch: 5×3. Work up in weight throughout the course of the 5 sets. Do not start counting your sets until you get to 60-65%
4. Back Squat: 5×5. Work up to a medium weight and hit for 5 sets of 5 reps.
5. Strict Toes To Bar: 20 total. Every time you need to break, perform 1-3 strict pull ups.