1. Jerk: 3,2,2,1,1,1 Work up to a medium heavy weight.
2. Snatch: EMOM for 10 min. Pick a light weight and hit for all 10 sets. Keep it fast and snappy and CONSISTENT!!
3. Clean and Jerk: EMOM for 7 min. Pick a light weight and hit for all 7 sets.
4. Snatch Deadlift: EMOM for 5 min, 1 snatch deadlift with 90% of best snatch. No straps, no hook grip.
1. Snatch Push Press: 5,3,3,2,2. Work up to a medium double.
2. Snatch Balance: Work up to a heavy single in no more than 7 sets.
3. Back Squat: 3×3 Work up to a medium weight and hit for three sets.
4. Strict Pull ups: 3×10
5. Ring Push ups: 3x 15
1. Strict Press: 5,4,3,2,1,1. Work up to a heavy single for the day
2. Power Clean from blocks (or hang power clean)+ Push Jerk: (3+3)x2, (2+2)x2, (1+1)x2. Keep the weight medium, light and work on elbows and feet hitting at the same time and driving DOWN on the push jerk!
3. Clean Pulls: 3×3 @100% of best clean
4. Russian Twists: 3×30
5. Back Extensions: 3×10
*When programming deload weeks, there are some movements where I like to keep the load a little heavier just to stimulate the muscles. If you’re feeling tired and your body doesn’t feel prepared for a “heavy single” or a 100% clean pull, don’t be afraid to go off script and keep the load lighter! This is the week to do it!
This week will be used to let your muscles recover as we prepare to move into our next four weeks of training.. which are programmed with lots of focus on increasing our power and confidence in the lifts as a whole.
In this deload week, don’t freak out! Due to the decrease in volume and intensity, recovery weeks can be discouraging and confusing as you begin to feel like you’re losing your strength and technique. DO NOT LET YOUR MIND GO THERE! TRUST that your body needs rest and your muscles need time to repair so that they can get stronger!
I like to look at my deload weeks as an opportunity to “miss” the sport. Missing the sport makes me come back with a vengeance! I feel ready and eager to work my butt off!!
If you need someone to talk you off the ledge, always feel free to email me! email@example.com. We’re a weightlifting family!
1. Muscle Snatch: 5,3,3,2,2,1 Work up to a heavy single for the day. PULL AND PUNCH TURN OVER!
2. Power Snatch: 2×3,3×2,2×1. Perform these every 90 seconds. Keep the weight light and work on speed and snappiness of the hands and feet.
3. Front Squat: 3×3 Pick a medium weight and hit for all three sets.
4. Side Planks: 3x 45-60 seconds each side
4. Strict toes to bar: 3x 10
Take today to reflect on the week that has past and the week that is to come. Journal about the things that left you feeling happy and fulfilled, along with the things or conversations or interactions that may have caused you some discomfort, but forced you to grow into a better human being.
Thank you all for following our program! We appreciate your dedication and discipline!
1. Snatch: Work up to a heavy single for the day
2. Clean and jerk: Work up to a heavy single for the day
3. Front Squat: Work up to a heavy single for the day
4. Back and abs of choice.
1. Snatch: EMOM for 5 min. 1 snatch with light weight. EMOM for 5 min. 1 snatch with medium light weight. EMOM for 5 min, 1 snatch with medium weight.
So you will do 15 total snatches. Every 5 reps, you’ll add a little more weight, but I still want it to be light! Work consistency!!
2. Power Clean+ Push Jerk: (2+2)x2, (1+1)x3. Light.
3. 3 sets:
Seated DB Shoulder Press, 1 arm: 10 reps/ arm
*Sit on the floor with feet straight out in front of you.
Tempo Bulgarian Split Squats: 10 each leg. Hold barbell in a front rack position
4. 400’ heavy sandbag bear hug carry.
1. Snatch Push Press: 4×3
2. Power Snatch+ OHS+ Snatch Balance (1+1+1)x 5. Move up in weight each set. Keep this light and snappy.
3. Front Squat: 5×5. Move up in weight each set, or pick a medium, heavy weight and hit for all 5 sets.
4. 3 Sets:
Weighted Back Extensions: 10 reps. Hold weight to your chest.
Barbell Hip Bridges: 10 reps. Put resistance band below knees and keep feet hip width apart. Hold at the top for 3 seconds.
KB Side Bends: 20 reps each side.