2 Arm KB OH Carry (35/26)- 100m
2 Arm KB Front Rack Walking Lunge- 20 steps
Single Leg Wall Sit- 30 seconds each leg (sit in a squat at parallel with your back against a wall. Extend one leg out and hold)
Pause Front Squat x 5
Wide Grip Bench Press x 10 (medium light weight. Just feel the stretch)
Hip Extensions x 15
Strict Toes To Bar x 10
Hollow or Tuck Hold x 45 seconds
KB Side Bends x 20 each side
When it comes to overhead stability in the snatch, people struggle immensely… mainly because there are a lot of debates on whether internal or external rotation is best! And people aren’t sure which way to go!
While we have OUR opinion, we know that there are many ways to skin a cat! Try our way for a few weeks (and probably PR your snatch), and if you don’t like it, move on! If you DO like it.. we get dibs on naming your first born child.
We believe in external rotation PAIRED with internal torque.
How to accomplish this:
- Barbell overhead in snatch grip.
- Crease of elbow facing the ceiling. Armpits straight ahead.
- Reach the hands up.. noting the lats and shoulders raise up AS A RESULT.. the emphasis is not just on raising the shoulders alone.
Break the bar in half, or think of bending the bar into a rainbow shape (this is internal torque!)
When performing the lifts, it’s easy to get caught up on everything that happens after the first pull.
It’s way more fun thinking about a vicious extension or keeping the bar close, or having a strong turnover!
While those things are INSANELY important, it is nearly impossible to successfully execute them if any one of the positions off the floor is missed.
So, drill your positions off the ground!
Spend a lot of time pausing at each position and tune into how your body feels at each spot.
How do your feet feel against the ground? What is your back angle supposed to look like? Are you bracing your midline? Are you balanced with the bar?
Don’t know where you’re supposed to be or how you’re supposed to feel? Don’t fret!!
Here’s a break down of all the positions we want you to drill:
- 1” off the floor: Weight on ball of foot. Hips slightly above the knees. Shoulders over the toes. Lats engaged.
- Below the knee: Weight on mid foot. Full foot gripping the floor. Shins straight. Weight balanced directly above the bar. Lats engaged.
- Above the knee: Weight on full foot. Toes and heels gripping the floor equally. Sitting back EXACTLY the same amount that the bar is pulling you forward. No more, no less. Shins straight. Legs loaded. Lats engaged. Mid line braced HARD.
- Mid Thigh: Weight on full foot. Thought process: “WAIT!! Be patient (without slowing down) stay over the bar for one more second before jumping!”
- Hips/ Power Position: Weight on the full foot. Shoulders directly ABOVE the bar.. not in front, not behind. Legs and glutes loaded and ready to fire.
For a visual representation, head over to our CrossFit Weightlifting Instagram page!!
Muscle Clean + Strict Press+ Close Grip OHS + Squat Jerk (2+2+2+2) x 3
*in between sets, do 20 jump to lands in split position without weight. Practice correct footwork.
Pause Clean Deadlift to Mid Knee + Clean From the Floor+ Front Squat + Jerk x 5 working sets
Clean Pull: 3×5 @ 90% of best clean
Chin ups: 3×10
Weighted Hip Extensions: 3×10
Strict Muscle Snatch + Tall Snatch+ Zotts Press (3+3+3) x 3
In between sets, do crossover symmetry and/or banded pull apart
Slow Snatch Deadlift+ Hang Snatch (1+3) x 5 sets
Power Clean + Push Press (3+3) x 3
Back Squat: 10,8,6,10,8,6
Snatch: Work up to a medium light weight.
Clean and jerk: Work up to a medium light weight.
Front Squat: Work up to a heavy single for the day in 5 sets.
Remember that this is deload week. If you’re feeling like a million bucks, you can go heavier, but take advantage of being able to keep it lighter.
Strict Snatch Press: 3x 10
Push Press: 2×10
Power Snatch EMOM: 3,2,2,1,1,1. Stay Light
Power Clean and Push jerk EMOM 2,2,1,1,1,1. Stay Light.
Clean Deadlift: 3×3 @ 100%